RECRUITMENT & HEADHUNTING
Denza subscribes to a precision recruitment code of practice, whereby we put forward only the most suitable, qualified candidates, all of whom we have interviewed personally. Denza at all times adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct in compliance with Data Protection Act 1998. We focus on the following areas, covering from graduate to Creative Director:
- Womenswear & Menswear Design – Pre Collection, RTW, Catwalk, Couture, Sportswear, Casualwear, Outerwear, Tailoring, Occasion wear and Formal wear
- Accessories Design & Development – Bags, Luggage, Footwear, Small Leather Goods, Soft Accessories, Hard accessories, Eyewear and Optical
- Textiles Design, Sourcing & Development – Print, Graphics, Embellishment, Embroidery, Textile Development, Textiles for Home
- Childrens Wear Design – From Baby to Teen. Also Print, Graphics and Textiles for Children
- Homeware Design & Development – Textiles for Home, Home Products, Tabletop, Gift
- Intimates Design & Production – Lingerie, Underwear, Home Leisure, Sleep, Hosiery
- Activewear Design & Production – Athleisure, Technical Sportswear
- Product Development & Production
- Design Room & Studio – Studio Managers, Pattern Cutters, Garment Technologists for all product groups at all market levels
- Visual Merchandising
- Wholesale Sales
- Fashion Academia – All Fashion Academic lecturing roles at all levels of position within the department
Denza has a network of fashion brands, retailers and designers so we are in a unique position to be able work on international collaborations. Part of our service is to seek and suggest designers for collaboration depending on a company’s requirements and goal. Equally it is possible to introduce clients to the designers who they would like to target for a particular project. Clients who are unsure of the process and how to manage a designer collaboration will be guided through the process. On the flip side, we work closely with selected designers to ensure they fully understand what is expected of them with this kind of partnership.
Emma Davidson has previously worked on collaborations and partnerships throughout her career for Uniqlo x Celia Birtwell, John Lewis x Celia Birtwell, Clements Ribeiro “Swan” x Arcadia brand Evans, Desigual, Playboy and Bonpoint. Product groups have been womenswear, accessories, luxury intimates and childrenswear.
JURIES, LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS
It is a fundamental part of the Denza DNA to work with Universities, students and graduates assisting and encouraging new talent. The team at Denza have the most in-depth knowledge of fashion education programs and students in fashion recruitment globally.
Vanessa Denza, the founder of Denza set this precedent as a lecturer, external examiner, jury panellist and course founder throughout her career. In 1989 she co-founded Graduate Fashion Week, a charity which brings together British and International Fashion design talent, attracting some 33,000 international visitors to the event each year.
Emma Davidson and the Denza team continue this involvement, working with designers – even before graduation – sharing insights to the industry and advice for their future careers. This is either in the form of workshops, lectures or portfolio reviews.
Participating as a member of a Jury for final assessment Emma Davidson has sat on the Jury Panels noted below alongside creative luminaries such as Diane Von Furstenburg, Pieter Mulier, Lucas Ossendrijver, Chantal Thomass, Cedric Charlier, Margareta van den Bosch, Barnabe Hardy and Roisin Murphy. The following list is not exhaustive.
- INSTITUTE FRANCAIS DE LA MODE, FRANCE – MA Annual 3 Day Workshops
- ESMOD PARIS, FRANCE – BA Lingerie Jury
- LA CAMBRE, BELGIUM – M1 & M2 Degree and BA3 Menswear Juries
- SCHOOL OF ART GHENT KASK, BELGIUM – MA Degree Jury, Lectures and Portfolio Review
- ROYAL ACADEMY OF ART THE HAGUE – KABK, NETHERLANDS – Lecture and Workshop
- POLIMODA, FLORENCE, ITALY – Lecture
- UNIVERISTY OF SALFORD, UK – BA Show Selection Panel
- KINGSTON UNIVERSITY, UK – BA Portfolio Section Panel, Annual Lecture and Workshop
- UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER, UK – Annual Lecture
- LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION, UK – Annual Lectures and MBA Mentoring
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS, UK – Lecture and Industry Liaison Officer 2014
- UNIVERSITY OF PLYMOUTH, UK – Lecture and Portfolio Award
- HONG KONG POLYTECHNIC UNIVERISTY, HONG KONG – Lecture and Workshop
- ISTITUTO MARANGONI SHANGHAI, CHINA – Portfolio Review Workshop
The Denza team are able to able to adapt lectures and workshops depending on the requests for each institution. We understand education is not a one size fits all pursuit.
To ensure we are able to meet requests for this service, we do require booking well in advance due to demand, bespoke course preparation and travel arrangements. June is a very busy period for these activities due to the end of European fashion courses at this time.
Denza has been invited to formulate graduate programs for various international design companies and universities. The requests have been for graduate talent selection for internships, gap year internships and exchange programs. This is an exciting new area for us and we look forward to partnering with more institutions on these projects. Denza is also adept at setting up graduate programs from scratch for international companies who have never embarked on this kind of activity before. With our knowledge of different institutions around the world and their teaching method we are able to pair companies with students who would benefit most from the experience.